Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Checking In

Hi all,
I have not posted anything lately, because I have been busy moving as you all know.  Well I am 98 percent moved out of my old house all that is left to do is clean.  Boy, I said in an other post that I was not a hoarder, well I am a pack rat, I through out so much stuff and still had tons of stuff to box up and move.  I could not bare to get rid of any of my crafting items even though some of them I have not even looked at for years.  Most of my stuff went into storage, but now I have the task of unpacking what I brought here to my Mom's.  The first thing I did was get my Son the computer geek over here to set up my computer.  I was going into DT's because I could not get on line. LOL!

So I was checking the blogs this afternoon and what do I see on Andrew Thornton's blog?  I won the Thursday Give Away.  I could not believe it, surely that was not me, so I clicked on my name and sure enough it went to my blog.  I jumped up and did a major happy dance!  As soon as I get the beads and play with them so they can tell me what they want to be, I will post a picture of what they became.

Just a reminder for those that entered The Musings of Mystic Pesto's Summer Foot challenge the posting date is the 30th.  My sister has bought three of the items I made for this challenge, she's my best customer LOL!

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

6 comments:

  1. As I said on Andrew Thornton's blog you are a really lucky girl...Congrats again ... and thanks for reminder of the challenge date... I finish my first piece ever for Foot .. never sell anything anyway... my house is full with jewelery I may need a storage space for them ..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the big win and move! I know what you mean about not wanting to give up craft supplies you've had for years! The only way I was finally able to get rid of some what knowing that they went to a good home and were being used. I saw a request on www.freecycle.org by a woman looking for yarn donations to make hats for charity. I gave her a whole trash bag of yarn I had be saving just in case (ha!) and she periodically will email me a photo of all the hats she is making! Makes me feel good since that is what I used to do, but stopped when the beading addiction took hold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ladies, I'm still in shock that I won.
    Mandy,I did give away alot of yarn and material to my Mom's church because I knew that it would be used to make things for the elderly and children, and like you I used to do alot of sewing, crocheting, and painting before I got bit by the beading bug LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YaHoOoOo!!!! You must have fainted when you read that!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so excited for you! That was a fabulous stash to win! Can't wait to see some of what you make with it. I feel your pain on the moving thing. I also have a ton of crafty stuff. I did get rid of a lot, but my hubby still thinks I have too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're so glad that you won the beads! We hope you enjoy creating with them. Thank you so much for entering the contest!

    ReplyDelete