Friday, June 3, 2011

Two New Bracelets

Well I finished the two bracelets that I had on my "Wednesday Bead Table" post.  The spiral rope bracelet was a fun bracelet to make and went together quickly. 
This fun bracelet is made with size 8 light lavender seed beads for the core beads. Pretty little lentil beads in blue and lavender hues.  4mm purple died Howlite beads and 4 mm aqua Czech glass beads.  Silver plated bead caps and clasp to finish the bracelet.

If you remember I told you about the Lucite flower beads that I purchased from Delphine's Flower and Bead Shop.  I had all these ideas going through my head but just could not seem to get the flowers to cooperate with my ideas.  Well yesterday my muse whispered in my ear and told me just what the rose wanted to become, so I obliged.  This bracelet is made with size 8 green and light green seed beads in two drop peyote stitched cuff.  I centered the rose and leaves on the cuff and trimmed the bracelet with size 11 light green seed beads and 3mm jonquil colored sawrovski crystals.  The clasp is a sterling silver filled slide.
Now I need to decide what stitch I'm going to do for my June personal challenge.  Hmm, what to do, what to do?

Happy beading Y'all
Therese

6 comments:

  1. Both bracelets have great colors and are so creative, but that first one is my favorite! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out so pretty. :D I love, love that cuff---I think the lucite flower goes so nicely with the rich greens and the size is well suited to the bead-woven cuff. The blues in the other bracelet are so nice, too. It reminds me of a windy beach; I think it's a good color palette for the season. :D Congrats on finishing these up in just a week! That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW but that top bracelet is just amazing! That looks like it took HOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! They are both lovely but the purple is extra lovely!!!

    Patty

    www.mylifeunderthebus.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the rose cuff! How about doing freeform peyote for your June challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the top bracelet. And the bottom one.....I don't have the patience for beadweaving....very nice job!

    ReplyDelete