Monday, December 5, 2011

Gem and Mineral Show

This past weekend the Gem and Mineral Show was in Montgomery.  I have been missing it every year, but this time I heard it advertised on the radio the day before it opened and made a mental note to go this year.
So when I got off from work on Saturday I went and I ended up spending more than the allotted amount I set for myself, but come on it's beads!  Do you want to see what I got?  You do, okay here it is...

Grade A Amethyst, that I got for a unbelievable price, trust me it was a steal, and the crystals  will be a part of a commissioned piece for my cousin.  I can't tell you what it is, because it is for her sister and she may see this post.

Red roundels in 8, 6, 4, and 3 mm sizes

Black roundels 4mm and 3mm

I do not know what the rectangle stone bead is I just liked it and it is going to be for a challenge and the two cabs are Black Gold Stone for the same challenge. If anyone knows what the rectangle bead is do tell.  I think it might be Obsidian, but I'm not sure. I did not think to ask when I bought it. 

Petrified Palm Wood Cab

Red River Jasper Pendant, 8mm and 4mm beads

To quote Porky Pig "That's All Folks"

Happy beading Y'all
Therese






17 comments:

  1. oh YUMMM-EE, wow I love everything you picked up especially the red...can't wait to see what comes of these beauties

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of those look just beautiful. I can't wait to see what you create with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's all? :))) Awesome stash Therese. I love using those red velvet rondelles too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohhhhhh! You really did score some gems! I'm finding myself drawn to those reds and that petrified palm...though I wouldn't know what to do with a cab at all! I wait with baited breath to see all the beautiful things you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! I've never been to a gem show, would like to go to one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful booty! Love the reds and the Jasper..will look forward to see what you make from all these lovelies.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh what a lush haul - love the warmth of the Jasper and the rich reds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally worth the splurge! I LOVE those red beads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red rondelles!! Can't wait to see what you make :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds! I love jaspers so The red river jasper is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohhh what lovelies!!! looking forward to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am drooling over the amethyst (my favorite color) and the red brick jasper! Can't wait to see what you do with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am making time next year to attend a bead show---have never been able to. I think though I better start putting the pennies back--!! the bill is not going to be pretty

    ReplyDelete
  14. What great finds Therese! I'm all over the Red River Jasper though. It is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Theresa, what a great stash of new beads you collected from the bead show! It's so much fun to walk the aisles of those shows. There is one in town here this weekend and it's HUGE...but unfortunately I just don't have time to make it over there. Hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Theresa, I will take your advice about my pearls! Maybe they just need the simplest outfit to work! ~Val

    ReplyDelete