Saturday, February 25, 2012

Andrew Thornton's February Reader's Challenge

7,000 Bracelets Blog Hop is here


Hi Y'all,
Are you ready to view another blog hop today?  Well sure you are so let's get to it!

Andrew Thornton's February Reader's Challenge is the last one of this type of challenge that Andrew is going to host.  The colors scheme for February is pink.  I thought "Yeah pink my favorite color this should be easy!" Well  it was not so easy it took me a little while to come up with these designs.  Thank you Andrew for putting this challenge together and letting me participate.

The Kit

Simple Truths piece by Erin Prais-Hintz, Ceramic bead by Keith O'Connor, Polymer clay bead by Pam Wynn. dyed Jade, vintage plastic, pink Opal, rosewater Opal glass, fuchsia Swaroski crystals in 8, 6, and 4mm rounds and 6 mm bi-cones, vintage glass, organza ribbon, invadiated shell, Czech glass, and the 
Luxury Bead Blend'
The Mystery Component was two Enameled beads

My February Reader's Challenge Pieces




Well there you have it two necklaces and a bracelet I used all of the components from the first picture in my pieces and just a small portion of the luxury bead blend in each of the pieces.  I really like the simple truths piece, but it took me a while to figure out how to use it.  I just happened to lay it down on top of the dagger bead and the light bulb went off and I got my 6000 glue and the pendant was born.

The Other Participants 
Please go by and check out what these other wonderful beady people have created with their February Reader's Challenge Kit.

                       Therese Frank (You are here)





13 comments:

  1. oh wow how pretty in pink is everything...great job on the challenge.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job with all of that pink and fuschia! I am loving what you did in creating your pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I also love what you did creating the pendant...very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dagger would have stumped me - what a great solution you came up with. And you rocked all the bold colors, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I was stumped with the dagger and large bead. I like what you did with them! Great job! Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work as always Therese! I love Erin's Simple Truths line and I love how you added it to the dagger to really make it stand out. The purple ribbon somehow highlights the color of it too. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressed with the way you used the large dagger bead and Simple Truths pendant, your necklace is extremely creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Love all your pieces! That was really clever how you used the Simple Truths piece. Nicely done! Lots of great textures and very elegant vibes. Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your first necklace , love in special the inclusion of the organza ribbon is so pretty and feminine

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done, Therese! All the pieces are great!You really made that pink pop! I love how you used the Simple Truths component to accent the focal in the first necklace! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  12. More beautiful creations! I love what you have done with the pendant in the first piece. Very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty in pink. :) I love what you did with Erin's pendant. I also love how you used the focal in the second necklace.

    ReplyDelete