Tuesday, April 30, 2013

She Made/She Made April Reveal



Hi Y'all,

Wow it is already April 30th!  Man, this year is flying by!  As many of y'all know that follow mine and Christine's blog, each month we do the She Made/She Made from the beady gifts we gave to each other when we met in July of 2012.  This is what I chose for us to create with this month.


A beautiful glass cab and some really cool looking Agate ovals.  The glass cabs I won in a giveaway on Linda Roberts' blog two years ago and have been hoarding saving them, until I decided to share one with Christine.  The Agate I got at a trunk show at my LBS (local bead store). 

Here is what I created with the Agate ovals...


I was having a hard time trying to come up with a design to use with these ovals, until the other day when I got the June Bead and Button magazine in the mail. There on the cover was the solution to my problem.  The name of the tutorial in the magazine is Victorian Embrace designed by Sylvie Camps.



I was going to make the bracelet in the magazine, but then thought, "Come on! This is suppose to be a challenge, and what is the challenge in coping what is in the magazine!", so I made a necklace with glass pearls and metal findings. I am very pleased with how this turned out.

Here is what I made with the glass cab...


I originally had planed in making a cuff with this cab, but time was running out on me, so it became a pendant, which I literally just finished about 3 hours from the time that I wrote this blog post.  The only beads that I knew for sure that were going into this piece were the matte black 11 seed beads, the gold 15 seed beads. and the metallic blue bi-cones, the rest were last minute decisions. 


I am amazed at how pretty this turned out.



Christine sent me an email with the pictures of what she made with the April picks asking me if I could display them on my blog post, because she was having problems posting on Blogger, but then she sent another email saying that she was able to post using her daughter's computer.  I am going to post Christine's pictures just in case she runs into more problems. 
Here is what Christine made...


I love what she did with the cab I gave to her.  I had looked at this cab so many times and was always puzzled with how I would use it.  Christine did an awesome job at cradling the cab with seed beads. 


I love the simple, but yet beautiful design of the bracelet Christine made with the Agate ovals.

Well hopefully Christine was able to post on her blog and y'all can go by her blog and read how she came up with these designs.

I hope you enjoyed viewing what we made this month and will come back at the end of next month to see what we did in May.

Happy beading Y'all,
Therese




16 comments:

  1. Love that first necklace. Great making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you guys are so good!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the pictures on the post are just gorgeous...yours and Christine's! I especially love your agate necklace..,that is truly a showstopper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing so hard right now (and i need it so Thank You!), because when I saw the cover of Bead and Button, I thought "I need to get some beads like that and do this!" LOL I HAVE the beads but didn't realize it. My bracelet was made long before I saw the cover but I do have a few of those agates left. Your necklace is Beautiful!!! That you let some stand alone and bezeled others is a wonderful idea. And the cab~WOW!!! I was terrified to add more color and flash but you did and it worked beautifully! The pendant is gorgeous! You never fail to impress me, Therese :-) And thanks for the help posting my photos. My computer is not letting me post blogs (though i can comment on others) and it also is putting weird stuff on my facebook. I hope to get it resolved for the Derby Hop...if not, I will have to borrow a computer again. These things really are a blessing and a curse. And now I bring this novel to a close. But before I do...thank you~you push me to grow a bit more with each She~She challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O goodness, your beadwork is amazing! Fit for a maharani :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris cracks me up! I loved that bracelet on the cover and love what you did by adding the pearls and making it a necklace. For me it would've been "too heavy" for a bracelet. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!!! Fabulous bead soup creations from both you and your partner! Great team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great combination of inspiration and opportunity -- how fun that the magazine cover gave you just the perfect thing to adapt for the agates. And the dichro piece? Blingtastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, love the first necklace, the colours are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just desire to say your article is as astonishing.

    The clarity in your post is just spectacular and i could assume
    you're an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the rewarding work.

    Also visit my webpage; http://www.aprizedate.com/NSKJesse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I love the vintage look of the necklace Therese! The glass cab look gorgeous with the rich color beads you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Therese, those are just stunning! The bezeling of the agates is so beautiful...and that focal pendant is amazing! Love what your partner did with her dichroic as well...nice bezel!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Therese! It's such fun each month seeing what the two of you do with the same starting materials. The 'settings' your created for the agates turn them into precious stones - I could see wearing this for a fancy dinner party.

    And love what you did with your bezel - where Christine's design designed to highlight and showcase her cab, your bead work becomes an extension of it. Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your bead work is always a show stopper Therese!! that first necklace is gorgeous!!! loving it, and the second bezel is as Bobbie said ... "blingtastic" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bead work is really great! Love the big pendant most ;-) Hu8gs, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love what both of you did with the challenge. Each piece is unique and beautiful. I have to say, the projects with the agates are my faves, both yours and Christines. Great job girls!

    ReplyDelete