Saturday, November 28, 2015

CC7A's Last Blog Hop for 2015 November hosted by Christine Altmiller




Hi Y'all,

I apologize for being late with posting the final installment of CC7A's blog hop for 2015, but like most of you understand life gets in the way, please accept my apology . I hope everyone that celebrates Thanksgiving had a wonderful and safe holiday. The month of November was hosted by Christine Altmiller she chose a very pretty picture of her Rose of Sharron tree on a beautiful clear day in late fall.


I am all about taking the colors of the picture and creating from there and this one was a challenge, because of the beautiful blue sky color and the dark dead flower pods and bare branches, but I think you will be pleased with what I put together for this final CC7A blog hop.


I had a string of Aquamarine gemstone chips that I had been hoarding, yes I said it hoarding, and thought that their color comes close to the color of the blue sky in Christine's photo. So I pulled out some aqua rondel crystals and got busy making another Bling bracelet. I do not normally like repeating a pattern over and over, but this one is so versatile, that it does not seem repetitious.


I saw the Pinnacle Lace necklace designed by Renee Kovesky in the December 2015 issue of Bead and Button and fell in love with the pattern. That I went straight to my stash and started pulling out all of the items listed on the material list.  This one is the second one I made and I knew I was going to use this one for this blog hop. The blues are darker that the photo but the bronze color is what I was going for the represent the Rose of Sharron tree.


I was gifted the Sediment Jasper beads by my friend Cynthia Wilson, because she know how much I love this stone. The mineral in this stone give it the blue color and the sediment looks like it is floating in water. I think this stone is a good representative of Christine's photo because it captures the blue of the sky and the browns of the Rose of Sharron tree.

Thank you to Alicia for bring us together to make up the CC7A and to Christine for the beautiful photo to inspire us all.

Thank you to you for stopping by and visiting my post. Please leave a comment I love hearing from y'all.

Now go by and see what the other's have created in this final CC7A for 2015.

April: Alicia
May: Therese  (you are here)
June: Sally
August: Monique
September: Cynthia
October: 
November: Christine 

9 comments:

  1. Aren't you the overachiever? not one, but three pieces :) First of all - Happy Thanksgiving, I hope you enjoy it with your loved ones. All the pieces are beautiful, I love how you took one element of the picture at a time and beautifully created around that elements. No wonder you love the Sediment Jasper, it is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for participating in the CC7A, you've been all my oasis of creative thoughts in a somewhat crazy year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Therese - hope you had a great holiday! Such lovely pieces, all three! I love that bling pattern and you're right ... changing up the beads and/ or colors creates a whole new look, and this one is gorgeous! LOVE the aqua stones. That second pieces had me enlarging and looking at this wonderful pattern - just beautiful! Oh and that last one is one of my favorite stones - African Opal. I love its rich, milky blue. And what beautiful wirework! You were busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each blue is unique, rich and lovely. I can't decide which is my favorite because they all radiate beady goodness. You always produce such amazingly beautiful work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful designs. I love that you weaved with the aquamarine chips. That creates such a unique look with the texture. The blue piece is so elegant. Perfect for a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Therese - three! That sediment jasper really captures the colors of the photo perfectly - what a gorgeous stone! The necklace is dark and moody and elegant. And the aquamarine bracelet - I love the look of that one - bright and playful and beautiful. What base stitch is under those aquas? Each piece is beautiful and strong...just like you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Therese - three! That sediment jasper really captures the colors of the photo perfectly - what a gorgeous stone! The necklace is dark and moody and elegant. And the aquamarine bracelet - I love the look of that one - bright and playful and beautiful. What base stitch is under those aquas? Each piece is beautiful and strong...just like you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Therese three gorgeous pieces, impressive. My favorite is Pinnacle Lace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so prolific Therese!! I love all these great pieces. That bling bracelet is really intriguing I found myself scrolling back up to peek at it again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous pieces, I love them all, but what caught my eye is the Jasper pendant.

    ReplyDelete